It is absolutely essential that clinical waste is disposed of in a manner that poses no risk to people, animals or the environment.
Long gone are the days when waste – any type of waste that is, including clinical waste and medical waste – can simply be disposed of by burning in a basic incinerator or burying in a landfill site. Today clinical waste along with other hazardous waste disposal is subject to the most stringent conditions and internationally recognised regulations to ensure that it is safely and responsibly destroyed using a method that poses no risk to lives, wildlife or to the environment. As long-term market leaders and thanks to an ongoing programme of research, development and continuous improvement, Matthews Environmental Solutions today provides the world’s most advanced clinical waste incineration systems.
The main environmental and safety features incorporated into our waste incinerators are guaranteed to satisfy all the following global standards:
- EU Industrial Emission Directive (IED) 2010/75/EU
- EU Waste Incineration Directive (WID) 2000/76/EC
- US Environmental Protection Act (EPA)
- UK Secretary of State Guidance Notes PG5/3 (12)
In addition, thanks to Matthews’ Bespoke Solutions capabilities, any of our standard ranges of industrial waste incineration plant can be individually customised or we can design and engineer completely bespoke technology to match your specific needs exactly.
For instance, our unrivalled experience and expertise means we can incorporate all the special features and functions that are required for the efficient and legally compliant disposal of clinical waste.
- Safe manual or automatic loading.
- The most advanced incineration technology, including rotary chambers if necessary that will continuously turn the clinical waste so that it does not clump or settle on the bottom of the chamber. By constantly tumbling the waste material we ensure that it is subject to maximum heat contact and is therefore efficiently and totally destroyed.
- All our waste incineration systems are designed and built in the UK and incorporate the very latest flue gas technology to ensure the effective removal of harmful chemicals and pollutants. These advanced systems also include acid gas neutralisation as well as heavy metal adsorption and particulate filtration technology. The result is that only pure, clean, entirely legitimate emissions are ever released into the atmosphere.
If you are concerned about the efficiency, safety or the legitimacy of your clinical waste disposal methods, or of you would like to know more about Matthews’ waste incineration technology and benefits then please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us on +44 (0)161 337 4488. You can also email us at: email@example.com or you can also send us an online message using the form that can be found on our Contact page.