Matthews Environmental Solutions Ltd recognises the importance of managing and reducing the potential environmental impacts of our activities on the local, regional and global environment. Environmental management is therefore integral in our business and we are committed to the continual and effective improvement of our environmental performance. Specifically, Matthews Environmental Solutions Ltd are committed to:
- Complying, as a minimum, with applicable environmental legislation, recognised industry standards and best practice.
- Identifying and assessing our Environmental aspects and impacts and managing them accordingly.
- Reducing the generation of general and specific waste.
- Reducing the generation of pollution or emissions that may be harmful to the environment.
- Ensuring that environmental considerations are taken into account in purchasing decisions.
- Taking into environmental considerations when selecting and engaging with clients, contractors, suppliers and other interested parties.
- Promoting the efficient use of energy and water in order to reduce our consumption to levels as low as practicable.
- Ensuing the segregation, re-use and recycling of waste wherever possible.
- Communicating and engaging with clients, contractors, suppliers and other interested parties to ensure their understanding of our environmental policy, procedures and performance.
- Providing a framework for setting objectives and targets related to improving our impact on the environment and with auditing and monitoring to continually review and improve our environmental performance.
Environmental management is the responsibility of everybody and all employees of this company are required to comply with this policy and are encouraged to give their full co-operation and support in improving standards of environmental management.
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure its ongoing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.