The health, safety and welfare of all employees and anyone who may be affected by our work activities are of prime importance to Matthews Environmental Solutions Ltd. We therefore provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work and plan and organise our activities in accordance with this policy, in order to prevent ill health and injury. Specifically, Matthews Environmental Solutions Ltd are committed to:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a management system for health and safety that meets and, where appropriate, exceeds applicable legislative requirements, recognised standards and best practice.
- Identifying and assessing our hazards and associated risks to health and safety and managing them accordingly.
- Providing suitable resources for health and safety.
- Providing suitable safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our employees.
- Promoting a culture in which all employees are aware of health and safety expectations and take personal responsibility.
- Communicating and engaging with clients, contractors, suppliers and other interested parties to ensure their understanding of our health and safety policy, procedures and performance.
- Providing a framework for setting health and safety goals and performance objectives with monitoring and auditing to continually review and improve our health and safety performance.
All employees of this company are aware of their own duties in respect of health and safety and will take all reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work. They are required to comply with this policy and are encouraged to give their full co-operation and support on matters relating to health and safety.
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure its ongoing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
Paul Smith Managing Director